We are looking for career minded individuals with personality, passion and a strong work-ethic that share our beliefs.
Are you passionate about the food industry? Do you take initiative and strive to learn more? Are you responsible and reliable to your team, and accountable for your own actions?
The ideal candidate will start from the ground up, learning all aspects of prep and assembly for tea service and wide range of baked goods, with focus on quality and production levels. As one area is mastered, additional duties will be assigned. Previous experience may accelerate advancement.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- prep for Afternoon Tea
- Tea tray assembly
- making to-order cafe sandwiches
- making a wide variety of baked goods
- maintaining inventory
- daily clean-up
The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
If you have ever said -- that's not my job -- then this is not the job for you!
The ideal candidate must:
- be detail-oriented
- be self-motivated
- be reliable
- be proactive and assertive, rather than passive
- be able to accept and apply constructive criticism
- provide solutions, not complaints or excuses
- focus on quality and production levels
- be able to work throughout the day with a sense of urgency to get the tasks done
- be an independent self-starter that thrives in a fast pace, constantly changing environment
- possess excellent organizational, multi-tasking and planning skills
- consistently practice safe and sanitary food handling techniques
- maintain workstation and equipment safety and cleanliness
We strive to exceed customers’ expectations related to food quality and dining experience.
This is a physically demanding job, as you are on your feet all day, and bending and lifting as needed.
The rate of advancement is based on the individual's performance. We promote from within, managerial positions are available as an employee demonstrates ambition, responsibility, reliability, the ability to learn, to work independently and to lead.
We offer the opportunity for personal growth and to help us grow the company, great people to work with, and a great culture.
Initially, hours are Wednesdays to Fridays 9:30 am - 4:30 pm, with additional hours on Tuesdays and Saturdays available as skill and reliability are demonstrated.
The position will start part time, approximately 20-30 hours per week with the possibility of becoming full time, 35-40 hours per week.
Must be available to work a minimum of 3-4 days per week year round.
Extra hours will be required during holiday and wedding peak times and may decrease during slow periods.
Prior management experience is preferred, but not required.